Tuesday, 17 September 2013

What I'm Wearing - oversized shirts and jumpers

RULE OF WEARING OVERSIZED CLOTHES: do not pair!! if you are wearing an oversized jumper, do not wear hareem pants or wide-leg trousers or jeans! Or vice-versa.

(the only circumstance where this is acceptable is if you resemble Cara Delevigne in body shape and height, or if you are a mythical Amazonian woman of some sort.)

Always keep what your wearing on the bottom slimming and flattering to your body shape. I tend to love getting my legs out, even if your not as comfortable with yours; straight leg ankle grazers will fit the look if you are unconvinced about really skinny skinnies.





It is important to remember that the exaggerated waist (or illusion of) is one of our best slimming methods along-side killer heels. (Think Kelly Brook's hourglass figure.)

Here are two outfits where I wore oversized clothing, yet did not hide my figure.

My get-up-and-go college outfit; jumper; Stradivarius, shirt; Forever 21, disco pants; River Island, brogues; Pennys







Here I'm wearing a denim sleeveless vest from Penny's; an oversized, off-white blouse which was my grandmother's, gold leather skirt and leather, lace-up heeled boots, and sunglasses; all River Island.

If you feel top-heavy when wearing oversized tops, team with a skater skirt and tights for a softer silhouette, or try tucking an oversized tee or shirt into a jeans or a skirt. Wearing a dropped waistline isn't for everyone; I rarely dare it.


Hope you enjoyed this post and thanks for checking it out!

Dervla

X





1 comment:

  1. Hiya I love your blog and I have nominated you for the liebster award check it out here: -> http://unirunway.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/liebster-award.html

    you have an amazing blog well done

    love naddie - unirunway

    ReplyDelete